A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2021

Circling Back to Family Search's Trees

Just when I thought I had the whole tree book as complete as I could get it, I was pecking around on Family Search and started looking at their updated trees. Low and behold, researchers who are better ferrets than I am had several records that I had not been able to dig up on my own. I found more than a few marriage dates and places, added a new person via a new marriage record that I had missed, and discovered the St. Louis Military Separation File, which proved to be most helpful. 

If you want to see the whole megillah, I've uploaded my RootsMagic database as a public member tree to Ancestry.com. I've included all of my notes and sources for each person in the McKee tree.  

Questions? Please comment or email me at ptreme@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment