A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Public vs. Private

When I think of my genealogy work, I think of it in terms of public and private.

The public aspect of it includes entries in this blog and posting lots and lots of info at Find A Grave. My objective is to put as much info in public spaces so that anyone searching in the future won't have to go far to find what they are looking for...and perhaps contact me. I also maintain a website that is in great need of an update, and two books that I've been picking at for quite a while.

The private part of my genealogy involves the info in my database, which encompasses so much more than I've been able to place in public spaces. In addition, there are a couple of special cases, where I have some information to place in a site like Find A Grave but not as much as I need. Case in point is Catherine Agnes McKinley (Mrs. Charles Philip Hinerman). I have her obituary, but no place of burial, except Belleville, Illinois. Belleville has several cemeteries with no indexes that I'm aware of.



Minneapolis Morning Tribune, Monday, 7 Oct 1957, Page 1
Mrs. Hinerman, Pastor's Wife, Dies at 37

Mrs. Catherine A. Hinerman, 37, wife of the Rev. C. Philip Hinerman, pastor of Park Avenue Methodist church, died Sunday.

Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday at Park Avenue church, with the Rev. Blaine Lambert, assistant pastor, officiating. The body will be at the church after 2 p.m. today. Burial will be in Belleville, Ill.
Survivors include her husband; a son Philip Christian; a daughter, Karen Susanne, Minneapolis; her parents, Mr. and Mrs. L. R. McKinley, Belleville, and three brothers. L. Dean, W. Wayne and Leland C. N. McKinley, all of Belleville.
 Here are the vitals:

Catherine Agnes McKinley
(d/o Lemuel Ranson McKinley and Catherine Louella Stevenson)
b. 8 Jan 1920 Tilden, Randolph County, Illinois
d. 6 Oct 1957 Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota
m. 8 Jul 1941 (Don't know where)
Charles Philip Hinerman
b. 20 Jun 1918 Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia
d. 22 Mar 2001 Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina

Charles and Caterine had two children: Karen Suzanne and Philip Christian.

As you can see, I know a whole lot that I would love to post to Find A Grave...except I have no burial location. So my next best option is to post the details here and see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment