A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Update to Agnes McKee + James Anderson

In my post yesterday, I noted my problems with deciphering the occupations for James and Agnes Dodd.

It turns out that what looked like "fs" in the occupation names turns out to be an old way of writing "ss." Peter, who is accustomed to looking at the English census and old English writing, was able to tell me that Agnes was a Dress maker. The best guess that Peter has for James is that he was a Glass maker. I've made notes in my database to remind me of this reading in case I happen upon another document that notes James' occupation.

Thank you Peter. I about went blind trying to "see" without understanding that I wasn't seeing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment