A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Marjorie Fletcher Robertson 1921-1989 England and Canada

Marjorie Fletcher, the daughter of Percy Vincent Fletcher and Mabel Bradley, married M. E. Robertson per Percy's obituary. Here's what I've been able to track down so far.

Melvin Edward Robertson
DOB: 8 Nov 1924 (Where?)
DOD: 17 Sep 2007 Ontario, Canada (Click here for Find A Grave memorial)
DOM: 29 Mar 1944 (Where? Most likely Ontario, Canada)
Marjorie Fletcher
DOB: 26 Jun 1921 Stalybridge, Cheshire, England
DOD: 18 May 1989 Canada (Click here for Find A Grave memorial)

Click here to find Melvin's obituary online. The obituary includes a lovely photograph of Melvin and Marjorie and a complete list of family members.

I'm pursuing an obituary for Mabel Bradley Fletcher for confirmation of this info. However, without a complete date of death, it could take a while to track down the obit.

2 comments:

  1. hello I am Marjorie and Melvin's daughter Anne. to fill in some of your question marks, Melvin was born in Minden Ontario. My parents were married in Victoria BC (father was stationed in Esquimalt while in the navy) I do not know the exact date of Mabel's death but I can narrow it down for you. I believe it was in Feb or March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cousin--Sorry to have not replied sooner. I've been buried in newspaper research and not paying much attention to my blog. I have most of the info you included above except why your parents were married in Victoria. So that detail is nice to know. If you look at the most recent post, you'll find my email address, which will get you the latest copy of the family tree book. Again, sorry to be so flaky as to not have replied sooner.

      Delete