A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Katheryn Mae (Hughes) McKee, 1904-1989, St. Louis, Missouri (and surrounding area)

I let my doctor talk me into having a colonoscopy. The prep is brutal. So, I decided to treat myself to a short-term subscription to Newspapers.com. Yikes! Have they added lots of newspapers! A month may not be enough to do a complete examination of what's available. I'm going to try to start reporting some of what I'm finding starting with Katheryn, whose maiden name has eluded me for a long time.

Katheryn Mae Hughes
b. 30 Jun 1904 Illinois
d. 20 Dec 1989 St. Louis, St. Louis City, Missouri
m. Oct 1929
Lemuel Leslie McKee, Sr.
b. 9 Sep 1891 Willis Station, Perry, Illinois
d. Mar 1968 St. Louis, St. Louis City, Missouri

St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Missouri, 18 Aug 1929, Page 50
Mr. and Mrs. A. O. Hughes of Kirkwood have announced the engagement of their daughter, Kathryn Mae Hughes, to Lemuel McKee of Maplewood. The wedding will take place in October.

More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment