A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

John Berthold McKee, 1886-1978 Illinois, Missouri

John was the son of Robert John McKee and Mary Ann Livingston. Here are his vitals.
b. 1 Jan 1886 Sparta, Randolph County, Illinois
d. ? Nov 1978 Missouri (probably Saint Louis)

There's a question about the year of John's birth. His WWI records say 1885. His SSDI record says 1887. Other records and his grave stone say 1886. So I've picked 1886.

While in school, John appeared in the The Plaindealer on 23 Feb 1900: Additions to museum--Johnnie McKee presented a very perfect and beautiful huming birds nest found by himself on the creek southeast of Eden.

John married Caroline W. Unknown (b. 1892 Missouri and d. 2 Nov 1992 Saint Louis, City, Missouri).

John and Carrie had the following children: John Berthold (Jr), Roger, and Gregory G.

You can find John and Carrie on Find A Grave (45544288, 45544356). Carrie's obituary appears in the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, Saint Louis, Missouri, 4 Nov 1992. Carrie's FAG memorial includes details from her obit. In addition, son Roger is with them (45544382).

I need the following information:
John's complete date and place of death so that I can find his obituary.
Carrie's last name and her full date and place of birth.

In looking at John's social security record, it's noted as being issued by the Railroad Board. So I guess I'm going to have to find out what I can do with that piece of information...And I just went and read about it...$27.00 search fee...I don't think so! I'm going to limp along with whatever free info I can find.

Perhaps I'll luck up and a family member will contact me. It's happened before.

2 comments:

  1. I read about this in a link on FaceBook Missouri Genealogy Research Community.

    I found this on the 1900 Census is it your family? does this help?
    John Mc Kee
    [John Mckee]
    Home in 1900: Sherrill, Texas, Missouri
    [Texas, Missouri]
    Age: 12
    Birth Date: Jul 1887
    Birthplace: Illinois
    Race: White
    Gender: Male
    Relationship to head-of-house: Son
    Father's name: Robert A Mc Kee
    Father's Birthplace: Illinois
    Mother's name: Mary Mc Kee
    Mother's Birthplace: Indiana
    Marital Status: Single

    Household Members:
    Name Age
    Robert A Mc Kee 51
    Mary Mc Kee 43
    Harry Mc Kee 16
    John Mc Kee 12
    Susan Mc Kee 10
    Zella Mc Kee 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hummer--Thank you for the suggestion. I finally stopped long enough to check out the entry. It's not my family but I do appreciate you trying.

    ReplyDelete