A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Murphy Connection

While I was at RootsTech, I bought a copy of Roots Magic. I had to have a learning plan. I decided against importing a gedcom of the McKee family tree because it is a huge file...and mostly complete. It's clean as a whistle but I didn't want to have to try to learn new software on such a large database (almost 2,000 people). Also, I needed to be able to build a file; that is, make entries to the database so that I learned how Roots Magic handles data.

What I decided to do was to begin with the Murphy family. Here's the connection.
  • Margaret Susannah McKee married George Ardell Leemon and they had Mary Agnes Leemon.
  • Prudence Murphy married Robert Luke and they had James Alexander Luke.
  • Mary Agnes Leemon married James Alexander Luke and they had Marguerite Murphy Luke.
  • Marguerite Murphy Luke married Peter Dumas Treme and they had James Brice Treme (my father).
The Murphy family moved to Illinois around the time that Illinois became a state in 1818. Later census entries note that many family members were born in Tennessee. I've yet to find a location in Tennessee; however, I haven't tried that hard either.

I decided that the Murphy family was small enough that I could start with them and learn Roots Magic along the way.

So you're going to see me take a break from posting about McKee descendants, while I explore the Murphy line.


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment