A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This and That

I've been corresponding with my newfound Henderson/Uptergrove cousin Jackie. We've been trading pictures. I've sent Jackie a gedcom so that she can review what I have and fill in missing info where she is able and/or suggest corrections. I've already had to go through and change Trueman to Truman. I've also sent her a few scanned documents just so she has them.

The weather this past weekend must have improved or people got cabin fever because I had lots of pictures posted to Find a Grave memorials. One gentleman posted eight.

I've successfully located obituaries that I've missed in the past. Look at the following Find A Grave memorials:

--Harry Thompson McGuire: 34993552
--Helen Berdelle (McGuire) Hager: 47060373

With Helen's obit, I could finally marry off her daughter Mary Olive Hager to John Ed Wiebers. Thank you Newspaper Archive. In a routine search, I found that the Wiebers had received an award that is bestowed on a family or individual who has provided support, dedication, and loyalty to Northeastern Junior College over the years. The award is presented during the college’s commencement exercise each spring. The Wiebers famiy received the award in 2004. Click here to read more about the award.

And now it's back to lurking for obits...such a ghoulish activity but necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment