A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another Encounter with a Kind Librarian


I asked and Deb delivered.

Late (too late) last night, I emailed The Millicent Library asking about the procedure for requesting an obituary, and if there was a fee, could I send it electronically. I've learned from past requests to include the details of what I'm looking for. In this case it was an obituary for Alfred John Chasse.

Before noon today I had the scanned obituary in my email.


Fairhaven Star, Fairhaven, Massachusetts, 25 Jun 1964
ALFRED J. CHASSE
Funeral services for Alfred J. Chasse, 69, of 14 Harbor View avenue took place Friday morning at the Fairhaven funeral home. Mr. Chasse died June 16 at Union hospital, New Bedford.
A native of Biddeford, Me., he had lived here for the last 27 years. Prior to his retirement, he was employed by Revere Copper & Brass, Inc., New Bedford. He was a veteran of World War I.
He leaves his widow, Mrs. Sarah Jane (Anderson) Chasse; a son, John A. Chasse of this town; a daughter, Mrs. Homer Gracia, also of Fairhaven; a brother George Chasse of Staten Island, New York City; five grandchildren, and three great grandchildren.

Again I have no burial location. I've created a Find A Grave memorial for Sarah (76103139) and I requested a photo, hoping to get a shot of a double stone with Alfred. I'm assuming he was buried back in Biddeford with Sarah. I'll check with the funeral home if possible too but I haven't had much luck with that method. The other option, since I now have a complete date of death, is to look for a death certificate and see if the burial location is on it. I'll update when I find out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment