A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Freda Mae (Lee) Jackson Millard Update

In my blurry eyed state last night, I forgot to check Family Search...duh! They have a transcribed death record for Freda Mae Millard, which provides the extra bit of info that she died in Lamar County, Texas.

When I entered Freda Mae Lee in Family Search, up pops a 1930 census entry for a Freta M. Lee in Delta County, Texas. The entry notes that Freta was born in Texas to John and Evie Lee. I usually cross check difficult to find census entries in Family Search. They seem to cast a wider net when searching, which is sometime good but sometimes bad...too many returns. In this case, it was good.

So now I have a bit more info to track a birth record for Freda/Frita and marriage for James and Freda to see if I've matched the right James to the right Freda.

No comments:

Post a Comment