A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

James Sidney Jackson 28 Sep 1917 to 28 Mar 1969 Cooper, Delta County, Texas

While looking for obituaries, I started concentrating on James Sidney Jackson (FAG 54379712). I didn't have a wife for him. But he's in Texas, which means I can search the Texas birth records to see if he is listed as a parent. He turns up as the parent of four children, all born in Delta County, Texas. From about 1930, James' family is living in Delta County, Texas and James dies in Cooper, Delta County, Texas. In the Texas birth records, James' wife is listed as Freda Mae Lee. Certainly not conclusive proof but it's a start.

James is buried in Oaklawn Cemetery, Cooper, Delta County, Texas. Lots of Jacksons are in that cemetery. He has no links to other family members. So finding his wife via Find A Grave was impossible. However, now that I had info that he was probably married to Freda, I could search for Freda Jackson. She's there! See memorial 54379709. The person who added the memorial was kind enough to add plot info to both memorials. James and Freda are both buried in BL W R5 L3. I'm taking this as pretty strong evidence that I'm on the right track.

On Find A Grave, I was able to pick up dates of birth and death for Freda (10 Apr 1924 to 23 Mar 1990). I immediately went to the Social Security Death Index and got nothing! Since James died in 1969, Freda had enough time to remarry. To find her, I entered her first name and her date of death into the Social Security Death Index, and she popped right up. She died as Frida Millard (459-80-5714).

I'm still looking for obituaries for James and Freda but at least I have more info to work with. My next stop is going to be Pipl.com to see what turns up on Freda and her children. You never know what you're going to get at Pipl. So wish me more luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment