A genealogy blog about the migration generation of my McKee Family line, including bios, transcribed obituaries, photographs, and research notes.



Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

New Toshiba

Since my trusty old friend the HP died, Garry decided I needed a new friend. So I am now the proud owner of a Toshiba notebook with a 17" screen that is wide as opposed to tall like my old laptop. Width means that I can run two programs side by side on the same screen. Trawling the net for obituaries just got a whole lot nicer.

I had to call Verizon (my provider) because I couldn't get the wireless to hook up. Seems there's something a miss with our router. They are sending a new one. In the meantime, I'm tethered to a wire. However, I have lots and lots of stuff to do since I have this new toy.

One nice item is a full size keyboard. I'm going to have to get accustomed to not bunching my fingers together to type.

It also has a web cam...I'm not so sure about the web cam...

I can also haul this one to work and let them load a communication package so that I can tap into my work desktop too. It will make a nice back up in case my home desktop decided to act up.

No comments:

Post a Comment